Saturday, August 3, 2013

Don't Blink....



    Seriously don't.  Time is just flying by.   When I was younger, stupid and drunk it went slow as hell.  Now that I'm older, beyond happy, a little wiser and have some sobriety under my belt, it is going so fast that I would give ANYTHING to have it slow down a little bit.  I can't believe it.  I FEEL LIKE AN ADULT SOMETIMES ahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!






     I swear every time I blink, my kid is more and more grown....texting, heading to the mall with friends or at a sleep over.  Growing up and growing a bit further away from me everyday.  It's all normal I know, and I am happy for her to be changing and figuring out things for herself, but that doesn't make it any less difficult.  She's my only one and it feels like she was just learning how to walk and talk about 3 seconds ago.  Ugh...




    This brings us to my next goal, drum roll........AN OLYMPIC LIFTING MEET WITH MY BABY!!! Duh!!!  She is 10 and totally going to kick my ass but I don't give a shit.  I just want to make some more great memories and compete side by side before she is tooooooo cool to do anything with this old mom of hers. ;)  Its going to be fun.  I can't wait.  October is when this goes down.  Who else is in?!?! ;)



     It was a great week of training and the highlight was definitely the 31 Heroes WOD at East Coast CrossFit. http://www.31heroes.com/the-wod-2/ Hero WODs are not something I do often, it's my personal opinion that they are special and should not be over done. I take them extremely seriously.  These brave men gave their lives for me to be free and even though I can never repay the debt, honoring them by giving that tough workout all I got is something I don't take lightly. The CrossFit community is pretty fucking awesome.  Just another reason why no matter how many times I try to leave, I end up back. The comradery is unmatched. No doubt.



Emma and I baked some cupcakes today after the event.  I ate at least eight myself...I shall pay tomorrow in many ways for sure!!! It was awesome!!

Enjoy those little ones while you can and have a great week!!! 

   


No comments :

Post a Comment