Monday, September 2, 2013

The End Of The World




    Is a set back like minor surgery the end of the world?  I guess not. It may feel like it though.  It's only my gallbladder coming out so I know it's NOT really the end of the world, but let me tell you why I am SCARED TO DEATH.....




      I've never been off from working out for more then a rest week since being sober. It's like my AA.  I obsess over it.  It fulfills a void and I crave it. It's the single most important part of my day and sets the tone for how everything goes. Its my passion and I've been doing it for years.  Not lifting for 6 weeks may not seem like much to some, and I know it could be a way worse situation, but it still seems like a lifetime to me. I had certain goals and plans and they have been derailed.  I've had to ax doing the oly competition with my daughter and I'm now reevaluating my schedule for my next competition.  No April for me for sure like I planned.  I don't want to feel rushed.  It will be the middle of November before I can lift again. Having to make up for lost workout time and then start dieting down a couple weeks later isn't going to work for me.  I want to IMPROVE at my next competition not feel less then my best.  I think waiting to compete is a tough decision but the right one.  


     I'm hoping I can at least do cardio after a week or so and I plan on walking hundreds of miles in my ankle weights to stay sane.  Hey who knows maybe it will work out for the best and I will trim down enough to do figure like I always wanted!!! ;) Ahhhhhhh stripper heels and blingged bikinis!!!!! That's what I'm talkin bout!!!!!!!! HAHA!! ;) PRETTY PRETTY POSES!!!!

                                           (Ok maybe figure is a stretch HAHA!!)


       So I have to keep a strong mind, try not to obsess until I go mad, and remember that a set back just turns into a comeback. I know I'm going to feel better after getting this surgery and kick more ass then ever.  I already stomp girls on that board nearly half my age so fuck it.  Maybe it will give them a hot minute to try and catch up....


    Don't let set backs ruin your world. It's not the end.  Even if it is as small as a few candy bars or something bigger like a broken limb.  Comeback, keep a good positive attitude, don't talk down about yourself or act defeated. You are better then that and so am I... No doubt. (I'm going to try my best to keep all this in the front of my mind!!!AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!! ). Have a great week! 







2 comments :

  1. I'm sure everything with your surgery will be ok. I had mine removed a few years back and the healing process was pretty quick.

    Sending good vibes your way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shayna, I'm here for you. I'm starting to work again, although it will be from home, so my schedule is flexible.

    Let's ride again. I will take it slow for you. :)

    It will be a great way to build cardio while you are convalescing.

    Love ya,

    Your favorite Father-In-Law!!! Tell Emma I love her.

    ReplyDelete